Thursday, April 24

New Habits. . .dying off slowly

Peter has officially established his first bad habit. Biting his lips. I hope he did not pick this up from watching Mommy picking at hers, but either way, it's not a good one. The fist time I caught him doing this I put a band-aid over his mouth, but he looked so funny, we both ended up laughing until we both were in tears. So, I told him that the next time he picks his lips that he will have to get a spanking. Well, tonight was that 'next time'. When I asked if he had picked his lips, he said 'yes. . .but just a little bit' So, I had to explain to him that disobeying is disobeying no matter how 'big or small' it is. I did, however, commend him for telling the truth (which is a new struggle we are having with our 3 year old). While talking to Daddy tonight (who's at work) to say goodnight, this is what I hear Peter saying. . . "Hi Daddy! I stayed dry ALL day today, but there is one problem. . .I bit my lip. And I got a spanking, but I'm not gonna pick MY lips ever again! Goodnight Daddy, love you too, bye!" I loved how he openly admitted his faults by saying 'but there's one problem' - what a kid!

2 comments:

Erin, The $5 Dinner Mom said...

Good for him...and you! I am constantly amazed at how much energy (physical, emotional and spiritual) it takes to be consistent in discipline! What a tender heart he has!
P.S. I love this background...very fitting for your blog title!

Anonymous said...

Too funny. We are definitely struggling with the meaning of truth vs lying in our house right now, too...it's so hard to know, at least with Lil, how much of that she really understands...